5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2010 6:10 PM by kansas_traveler

How to remove McAfee Virtual Technician?

I did use MVT year ago in an attempt to solve a SiteAdvisor issue I had at that time. I don't have any McAfee software installed (not counting the Fx plugin). My present problem arises from the fact that I use Kaspersky IS and that MVT has left files to \Downloaded Program Files\ folder. I can not remove Virtual Technician via ARP. And MCPR does not remove it. This poses a problem to me as have to deal with Kaspersky Support complaining about MVT everytime I contact them.

Everytime my potential issue is in the shadow of this "McAfee software which I have installed". Everytime they ask me to run MCPR which doesn't remove those files.

So, how do I get rid off of those files? Considering the special nature of the DPF folder.

Any help is much appreciated (note that I have ask here, as I can't contact support as I'm not McAfee customer)

List of files identified by Kaspersky diagnostic software (these files are not visible when I access that location via Explorer):

=> Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McContentMgr.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
      => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McHealthCheck.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
      => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McLogMgr.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
      => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McPlugins.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
      => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McProdMgr.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
      => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\MVT.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician