4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2009 2:41 PM by metalhead

ePO 4.5 SQL capacity planning

Hello there. We are planning our SQL database for ePO 4.5 to manage around 20K clients. Do we have any white paper or any other technical mcafee document about SQL disk sizing per number of managed clients? Let me know. Thanks.

• 1. Re: ePO 4.5 SQL capacity planning

Just a note that I moved this thread to the ePO community. The URL to the discussion did NOT change.

• 2. Re: ePO 4.5 SQL capacity planning

orkgandalf

I checked around and was not able to find this same document for the ePO 4.5 server. Please see page 16 and see if this helps.

thanks

William

Message was edited by: William Sanford on 11/13/09 3:03 PM
            • 3. Re: ePO 4.5 SQL capacity planning
              jgriffin

Orkgandalf,

I'm assuming you will be using your own SQL database since you will be managing 20k clients, correct?  SQL 2005??

If so, you can browse to the McAfee KnowledgeBase and review the ePO 4.0 Hardware Sizing Guide. There is not one out for ePO 4.5 as of yet (in the works) but essentially the data in the 4.0 document can be used as guide for database sizing specs.

Also, I would suggest that you review KB66616 in the KnowledgeBase for recommendations on backing up or disaster recovery your database for ePO 4.5.

Here is where you can get ePO 4.0 Hardware Sizing Guide from:

Go to the McAfee ServicePortal and click Product Documentation. Drill down into ePO 4.0 and click on the ePO 4.0 Hardware Sizing Guide.

Please let us know if this helps or not!

John

Message was edited by: John Griffin on 11/13/09 3:27 PM

Message was edited by: John Griffin on 11/13/09 3:27 PM

Message was edited by: John Griffin on 11/13/09 3:28 PM
              • 4. Re: ePO 4.5 SQL capacity planning
                metalhead

As far as I remember you need about 135 KB per managed client and about 2 KB per event.

So it depends how much events you want to keep and how long.

Cheers Tom