1 2 3 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2010 11:28 AM by Schoeys

mcafee for windows 7

anyone has encountered ay issue regarding mcafee agent 4.0/4.5 ,virus scan 8.7i on windows 7?

• 1. Re: mcafee for windows 7

We are using Windows 7 x64 with McAfee Agent 4.5 and Virusscan 8.7 Patch 2 and all works fine.

Check In McAfee Agent 4.5 and Extensions

Check In McAfee VirusScan 8.7 Patch 2 and Extensions

Check in Engine 5400 you can find here:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/engines.asp?region=us&segm ent=enterprise

You can also check in branch test to test on a single maschine.

• 2. Re: mcafee for windows 7
            cdobol

Please see my other post.  We have seen issues with VirusScan 8.7p2 on Windows 7 with on-access scan.  We can get around the mcafee on-access protection and execute a virus file (eicar.com.zip).  Still waiting for someone to reproduce what we have seen - maybe its just us.

• 3. Re: mcafee for windows 7
              tonyb99

you need at least the MA 4.0 patch 3 with the agent extension 4.0.0.236 checked in to support it fully

• 4. Re: mcafee for windows 7

Personally I had issues until I went Agent 4.5, VSE 8.7 P2 and most importantly - HotFix 517265

Without the hotfix there were all sorts of issues with the system tray icon, and Pre Patch2 there were issues with the on access scanner stopping and starting.

• 5. Re: mcafee for windows 7
                  tonyb99

MA 4.0 patch 3 is as good as 4.5 for win 7.

the hotfix 517265 is only aplicable if you are running MA 4.5 with vse 8.7 sp2 which then gets this systray issue

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67118&actp=search&search id=1258126656294

Message was edited by: tonyb99 inserted link on 11/13/09 8:40 AM
                  • 6. Re: mcafee for windows 7

I stand corrected. I was purely speaking out of personal experience.

Seeing as McAfee Gold Support refused to support Windows 7 until after the release to world date (not partner release), I had to work it out for myself, and that was the conclusion I came to.

Up to you I guess.

• 7. Re: mcafee for windows 7
                      Stanw

Having multiple issues with VirusScan in WIndows 7.

VirusScan v8.7 (with patch 2)

AntiSpyware Module v8.7

SE 5400

Epo agent 4.5

1. The main issues is constant pop-up messages from the Windows 7 Action Center, stating McAfee is turned Off.  The message flashes so fast that we had to use CamSoft to record the desktop then go back and capture the message in the AVI file.  One thing we found is when a Cookie is detected, Action Center flashes this message.  I have dozens of Windows 7 system that do this, but my Windows 7 system does not.  Contacted support and have a open unassigned ticket after 2 days.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

2. The M shield does not show up in the systray on some windows 7 systems.

3. The VirusScan v8.7 On-demand task does not prompt user to defer on Windows 7 systems.(But does in XP & Vista)

4. When a Epo agent v4.5 is succesfully deployed to a Windows 7, it will not install VirusScan.  It sees the deployment task, but it never runs.  Have to manually install VirusScan v8.7.

I have over 300 windows 7 systems with many more issues with VirusScan and Epo agents not working properly.

• 8. Re: mcafee for windows 7

1. The main issues is constant pop-up messages from the Windows 7 Action Center, stating McAfee is turned Off.  The message flashes so fast that we had to use CamSoft to record the desktop then go back and capture the message in the AVI file.  One thing we found is when a Cookie is detected, Action Center flashes this message.  I have dozens of Windows 7 system that do this, but my Windows 7 system does not.  Contacted support and have a open unassigned ticket after 2 days.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

ive seen this...do you have a way to recreate a cookie detection in which the flash happens?

but ive seen this without any browser open, it just does it when it feels like it seems., but i will watch the OAS log now to see if there is a corresponding cookie detection when it happens.

FYI: gold support is investigating this right now.

• 9. Re: mcafee for windows 7

I have the same issue of the Action Center balloon message constantly appearing, regardless of whether the McAfee OAS is enabled or not.  In my case the the message remains visible & eventually fades from the screen if you do nothing. If you click on it or open the Action Center you are prompted to run "shstat.exe".  Checking Task Manager "shstat.exe" is already a running process. The VSE 8.7 flash screen appears during Windows startup, but the OAS does not start. It is disabled.  I can open the VS console and enable the OAS. Besides the fact that OAS not starting automatically is a problem, Action Center does not seem to "know" OAS is enabled.  The balloon message can be stopped by turning off messages about virus protection in Action Center

1 2 3 Previous Next