1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2009 1:37 PM by wwarren

AutoUpdate not working on Windows 2008 R2 (no EPO)

We are running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 on a closed network and cannot get Enterprise 8.7.0i Patch 2 to use our internal AutoUpdate site.  On our main network we have Enterprise 8.5.0i running on Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista and we have configured AutoUpdate to point to an internal FTP site where we dump the update files.  The FTP site is running on a Windows 2003 web server and uses Anonymous authentication.

On the new network running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 we setup a web/ftp server to host the AutoUpdate site and configured it to use a domain account.  When then configured 8.7.0i to use an FTP site pointing to that server.  When we try to run AutoUpdate, it gives the following 3 lines in the log:

Starting task: AutoUpdate

Unable to find a valid repository

Update process failed

We tried connecting to the FTP site from the command line and that works fine.  We can then run an ls and see all of the files in the directory so ti does not appear to be an access issue.

We then created a web Virtual Directory pointing to the same folder that FTP site is pointed to and configured 8.7.0i to use an HTTP site pointing to that server.  When we run AutoUpdate, it gives the following lines in the log file:

Starting task: AutoUpdate

Checking update packages from repository <repository name>

Initializing update...

Verifying catalog.z

Extracting catalog.z

Loading update configuration from: catalog.xml

These updates will be applied if they are in the repository: Engine, DAT, VSCANCEU1000, EXTRADAT1000, BOCVSE_1000, VIRUSCAN8700

Downloading PkgCatalog.z

Verifying PkgCatalog.z

Extracting PkgCatalog.z

Loading update configuration from: PkgCatalog.xml

Verifying V2engdet.mcs

Downloading V2engdet.mcs

Error occurred while downloading C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VSCANENG1000\PkgCatalog.z

Downloading PkgCatalog.z

Verifying PkgCatalog.z

Extracting PkgCatalog.z

Loading update configuration from: PkgCatalog.xml

Verifying V2engdet.mcs

Downloading V2engdet.mcs

Error occurred while downloading C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VSCANENG1000\PkgCatalog.z

Updates were not applied because packages were not in the repository: Engine, DAT, VSCANCEU1000, EXTRADAT1000, BOCVSE_1000, VIRUSCAN8700

The requested file does not exist

Unable to find a valid repository

The files in the AutoUpdate folder are the same as the one on the network that it works fine on.

1 2 Previous Next