4) direct link back from quarantine manager to McAfee Labs/webimmune to be able to report false positives
I would like the facility to autoscan removable media when plugged in, the same as Kaspersky does.
I agree that would def be nice
A couple of things I can think of right away:
1) White listing. Maybe using digital certs to mark all our binaries as safe so they don't get scanned tens of thousands of times when we know it's a good file.
2) P2P clean file info sharing. VSE instances on the same subnet could share clean file fingerprints so they dont unnecessarily get scanned on multiple machines.
3) Compressed file handling. VSE shouldn't lock compressed files after they have been accessed but rather delay the I/O operation synchronously until the scan is complete. Today if you access say a 1GB ZIP or CAB file this will trigger a background scan. If you try to rename the file immediately you often get an access denied message. A few moments later it works again.
4) Artemis shouldn't need a direct Internet connection. Support for Network Heuristics via a central connection point.
I think I have logged FMRs for most of these already.
My top few off the top of my head... I'm sure I'll be back later to add more!
* Detections must log MD5 or some other verifiable checksum of a detected file in the logs, and upload these to EPO.
* From EPO, you should be able to "recall" a particular infected file from a desktop that is managed.
* The ability to get signatures (perhaps checksums) of known good files from your Corporate image and feed these into VSE so that those files are not scanned.
I'd also like the ability to block files based on MD5 / SHA1 hashes in the core VirusScan product. Crazy that one has to use that awful HIPS product to do it. Phil
I would like the facility to autoscan removable media when plugged in, the same as Kaspersky does. Good Idea!!
ability to uninstall from the epo another antivirus product.
I would be nice include a rumor technology in VirusScan Enterprise, like VirusScan ASAP.
I believe, If you have many sites with 2 and 30 clients the update can be improved.