3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 9:54 PM by Sailendra Pamidi

Help!!! Failure of communication between agent and server

I can’t start “McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Server(Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8i)(

"C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -k runservice) after upgrading “ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0”. Please note that there is IIS running with port 443 since beginning, before upgrading to ““ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0”. The outcome is that failure communication between agent and server. How can I solve it out?

Thanks.

Aung

• 1. Re: Help!!! Failure of communication between agent and server
          Sailendra Pamidi

Hi aung,

I believe you answered your own question

ePO 4.5 with MA 4.5 uses the Agent to Server secure communication port - default 443. This is not presented in the list of ports during the install / upgrade but can be changed after. Refer to KB66929 to change it.

From KB66929:

The Agent-to-Server secure communication port is a new feature for ePO 4.5. On a new ePO 4.5 install, users can
          modify the default port value of 443 for the Agent-to-Server secure communication port. Current functionality does
          not allow modification of this port via the user interface after the product has been installed. When upgrading from
          ePO 4.0 to ePO 4.5 RTW, the installer does not list the Agent-to-Server secure communication port so the upgrade will
          complete using the default 443 value. If you want to change the port after an installation or upgrade, follow the
          Solution in this article.

Hope that helps.

• 2. Re: Help!!! Failure of communication between agent and server

Hi Sailendra,

Thanks for your answer.

Is it possible to communicate between MA 4.5 and ePO 4.5 without using “Agent-to-Server communication secure port”? If so, what are the steps? Or, please guide me to McAfee's Knowledge base.

Regards/

Aung

• 3. Re: Help!!! Failure of communication between agent and server
              Sailendra Pamidi

Hi Aung,

The Agent to server secure communication port is needed by MA 4.5 for certain aspects of its communication with the ePO server and so cannot be disabled.

You can access the KB either by logging in to service portal at http://mysupport.mcafee.com and clicking on search on the knowledgebase link - or alternatively go to http://kc.mcafee.com and key in the KB number in the Ask a question field.

1 of 1 people found this helpful