1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 10, 2009 8:16 AM by jasperfair RSS

Clean install of Windows 7.0 professional - Mcafee security center does not install entirely 9.15

I recently had a clean install of windows 7.0 professional.  I had bought my Dell computer earlier this year and it came with a 15 month Mcafee security center version 9.15.  I keep getting error messages that not all Mcafee components installed, I am not fully protected.  I downloaded the tech advisor... showed me nothing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the security center software...no change, same errors occur.  I also noticed that the 'site validation balloons' at the end of searches are not there anymore.  I am not a big 'techie' person... so I need some help in understanding how to get this fixed so I am getting the full protection that I paid for.  Any assistance would be helpful!

• 1. Re: Clean install of Windows 7.0 professional - Mcafee security center does not install entirely 9.15

Here is some additional information from Microsoft that shows on my computer:

Upon Installation a dialog box pops up and states:

This program has known compatability issues.  Check online to see if solutions are available from Microsoft.

I select - 'check online solutions'

Pop-up occurs - 'Address problem with Mcafee security center.  Your version of Mcafee is not compatible with this version of windows.  Go to Mcafee site to see if a solution is available.

Additional information regarding Incompatability:

Problem Signature

Problem event name:  ApphelpSoftBlock

Problem Signature01:  {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111}

Problem Signature02:  {af755447-1028-4960-bc52-32b51578c7cf}

OS Version:  6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:  1033

Extra Info

Bucket ID:  575986838

Not sure if this extra info helps in defining the problem better!