I recieved the same error on friday afternoon.
tried a reinstall of the application - -FAIL
tried a removal of the application - FAIL
Luckily it was a VM and i built a brank new server and as long as you back up your keys i was back up and running within the day.
had a few tweeks to do with the policies but i managed to get it working again. im not sure exactly how the problem appeared, just happened in the middle of the afternoon
It looks like your database is full.
Have a look at your .mdf (ePO4_your_server_name.mdf) file under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data
If it's near to 4Gb then it's ful and you will need to purge events
Well I've managed to make some progress by purging the task log. Oh and the database was nowhere near that size
That enabled a succesful repositry pull and allowed the agent wake up task to run.
The problem now that appears though is that the Agents on the PCs will not talk back to ePO. I get a 'Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server' error......
Yet nothing has changed...... Not a good day this!
Message was edited by: dbrewood on 11/10/09 7:42 AM
Can you reinstall the agents?
Please check the server.log on the ePO server at the time the agent communication is failing to get at the possible cause.
Okay it looks like we are getting two errors (from the event log on the server) [or should we be looking elsewhere?]:
Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.EPOEvents'.'PK_EPOEvents_AutoID' in database 'ePO4_SERVER-BRI09' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.
CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.
Which appear to be caused by database size limitations?
So if the problem is the size, how on earth can I shrink it down?
size.jpg 59.8 K
As Ulyses31 noted, it definitely is a db size and space issue. If you need the events information, suggest taking a backup of the ePO database, stop the ePO services and then delete the events from the EPOEvents table.
McAfee KB51873 discusses the steps needed to delete the events and shrink the database.
Also refer to KB52116 to determine which are the top events and if you dont need them for your reports, filter them using the Event Filtering option in ePO.
Cheers, with the help of those KB 's we've now got the database down to a managable size, we had to purge msot of the entries insted of just the ThreatEventID 1095 entries of which there were 1,388,314 entries!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Glad that helped. Make sure to filter the unwanted event ids from the event filtering (Configuration-->Server Settings) to avoid them being sent in the first place.
Also, to prevent this situation from recurring, configure a Purge Events server task to regularly purge old events. If you need to keep a historical record of events and cannot purge them often, you can take periodic backup of the database before purging the historical events or upgrade to the standard or Enterprise edition of SQL Server which does not have the size limit (You would still do well to perform regular maintenance of the database though).