Can you tell me which McAfee product you have? I will move this discussion to the right product area so that hopefully a community expert can help you!
Thanks for the quick reply. I've moved this to the main area under Virus and Spyware because you weren't sure which version you are using. A product expert should reply soon.
Oh I'm sorry. I said Security Center in my first post. Last years, so that would be 8. Isn't that a product - isn't that what you're asking? I will look tonight at "about" to be sure, but I just looked at my subscription in my account and that is what is says.
Apologies JustMe! I thought Arthur was you. I've moved this yet again to the SecurityCenter 8 community.
Moved to Malware Discussion.
As previously mentioned. Try running Hijackthis and post its log on one of the folllowing specialist forums for expert advice.
Do not post the log here, we can't help!
Post the logs at a specialist Forum:
Be sure to read all the sticky announcements/instructions at the top of each malware forum!
If it wont run try saving the file to your desktop and rename it to something else before attempting to run it.
Please try running our free Stinger tool:
- Download Stinger from here: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
- Before running the scan please click on the ‘preferences’ icon.
- For the ‘on virus found’ options, select the ‘report only’ radio button.
- From the ‘heuristic network check sensitivity level’ drop-down menu select ‘very high;’ – this will enable Artemis. Note – if the machine does not have an internet connection or external DNS path Artemis will not function.
- Click ‘ok’
- Select the drive you wish to scan (most likely just 'C' which is already listed by default) and the select ‘scan now’
- When the Scan is complete select ‘file’ and ‘save report to file’
Please let us know the results from the report.