You must have had an older version as that is no longer a feature. However you can still shred the Recycle bin contents only if you wish. From the help files.....
Shred files and folders[/B]
You can shred files and folders from your computer's hard drive, including items in your Recycle Bin and in your Temporary Internet Files folder.
- Open Shredder. How?
- On the McAfee SecurityCenter pane, under Common Tasks, click Advanced Menu.
- On the left pane, click Tools.
- Click Shredder.
[*]On the Shred files and folders pane, under I want to, click Erase files and folders.
[*]Under Shredding Level, click one of the following shredding levels:
- Quick: Shreds the selected item(s) once.
- Comprehensive: Shreds the selected item(s) 7 times.
- Custom: Shreds the selected item(s) up to 10 times.
[*]Do one of the following:
- In the Select file(s) to shred list, click either Recycle Bin contents or Temporary Internet files.
- Click Browse, navigate to the file that you want to shred, select it, and then click Open.
[*]When Shredder finishes, click Done.
I cannot figure out how to USE the shredder. After choosing "complete" shred type, it only has a 'cancel' button. I've read where it says to select the 'next' button.... not there. What am I doing wrong?! Thank you.