2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2009 4:06 PM by Sparrownightmare

The Detection Signature File is between 8 and 29 days old.  Error

Okay. This just started doing this a few days ago and I have tried everything I can think of to fix it.

I awoke to a red X on my M icon a few days ago. I opened security center and it gave me the 89 to 29 days old error. I clicked Fix and I saw the little swirly arror animated cursor in my tray. Then after about 3 seconds, the icon disappeared and it still had the error on the screen. I then tried the manual update button, and the same thing happened. Okay I thought, so I went to the Mcafee site and tried the virtual technician. It scanned, found the out of date signatures, and tried to update them... Same thing. It says it completed repairs but there was no real change. Okay so I tried an old trick I remembered. I rebooted to safe mode with network support and renamed the DAT folder to DATold. I then rebooted and let Mcafee try and find the missing DAT files. I got a red error screen this time, saying that the services did not start. I tried the manual Fix button and it gave me a generic error message. I clicked Update and the same thing happened. I tried creating a new empty DAT folder, no luck.. I finally had to rename back the old DAT folder, just so the services would start and I would at least get partial AV protection, but the yellow remains.

I am running Win 7 RC Build 7100 (At least until mu Win 7 Ultimate software arrives.) I have a custom machine I built a few months back. I know I have plenty of time on my subscription. I primarily use the Firefox Browser. I have plenty of RAM and free disk space. I saw another solved thread with the same problem, but that solution had already been tried and failed.

Here are my Mcafee Stats.

Security Center
      Version 9.15
      Build 9.15.126
      AffId 0-629
      Language en-us
      Language Pack 9.15.109
      Last Update 8/25/09

VirusScan
      Version 13.15
      Build 13.15.101
      AffId 0-629
      Language en-us
      Language Pack 13.15.101
      Last Update 10/7/2009
      DAT Version 5763.0000
      DAT Creation Date 10/6/2009
      Engine Version 5301.4018

If you need the firewall and anti-spam info, let me know.

All of my system's driver software is up to date.

Please help before I pull all of my hair out..