1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 9, 2009 4:33 PM by Peter M

Installing 2 to 3 times Every Day??

Hey Ya'll
      I am really starting to wonder why this security center is installing something 2 or 3 times every single day. Is this supposed to do this? I don't even know what it's installing every day it just says "downloading" and "Installing" when I run my mouse over the active system tray icon. It will not allow me to open or do anything while it says this. Can Some One Let Me Know If This Is Supposed To Do This? Like I said, 2 to 3 times every single day it does this. It makes my PC lag and act like it's being robbed of all it's Memory? Thanks In Advance For Your Help.

Sonny
        • 1. RE: Installing 2 to 3 times Every Day??
          Peter M
          It it a small icon with a rotating arrow inside? That's the update icon and wont open anything.

It shouldn't be happening 2 or 3 times a day though, perhaps 1 and sometimes 2 times daily.

Please post more details such as your operating system and service pack and what McAfee application versions you have. You can check that by double-clicking the taskbar "M" to open Security Center and then clicking "About" in the lower right-hand corner.