1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2009 5:32 PM by BalaSGS

Help! McAfee wont protect my computer and files?

Hi
      I have recently started having issues with McAfee in that it wont protect my PC and is constantly showing my virus protection as disabled. When you click on fix it comes up with an error saying "one or more errors couldnt be fixed because of an error" =. When you go into manually enable the virus protection, it allows you to click it but as soon as you leave the screen it goes stright back to disabled. Can anyone help with this. I am currently using Vista Ultimate and McAfee security 9.0, i dont have any other virus protecton programmes installed either. I did have Glary Utilites installed to use as a defrag, howvever I didnt like it and completly removed it.

Thanks in advance
        • 1. RE: Help! McAfee wont protect my computer and files?
          BalaSGS
          Hi,
          Please clarify and follow the steps
          What is the Operating system you use?
          What is the exact error message he gets in the McAfee Security center right hand panel Am I protected: No?
          What is the version of McAfee installed in the computer?

Steps:

Before click on fix make sure you’re able to enable the McAfee service
          For windows XP
          Start-click on Run-services.msc
          Check with McAfee Real time Scanning is started. if not then Right Click on the McAfee real time scanning and click on start.
          For Windows Vista
          Start – search bar type – services.msc – right click services and run as administrator
          Check with McAfee Real time Scanning is started. if not then Right Click on the McAfee real time scanning and click on start.
          Run the MVT {http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp} on your computer and post the Session id you get in this thread.