1 2 3 4 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 6:07 AM by bua_ako

Menu Scan don't scan

Hello!
      I found a trouble with file scaning today.
      When I select a folder and right click press scan I see "Scan Options" window.
      How can I fix it?
        • 1. RE: Menu Scan don't scan

hi,

when you say "scan options" are you referring to the types of scan?

what is the version of you mcafee security center?
          • 2. RE: Menu Scan don't scan

Yes, types of scan.
            Security center version : 9.11 Build 9.11.109
            • 3. RE: Menu Scan don't scan

please try running MVT and post the session ID here.

meanwhie i'll ask around see if anybody else has encountered this problem of yours...
              • 4. Same Here
                Same Here. I have the same problem. i will go and click virus scan and it will go to a blank screen and then just go back to the menu. i have the cox security suite(powered by McAfee) and it will do scheduled virus scans, but i just cant view the scan details. i did this since i got my computer. i have reinstalled it like 5 times. i have even got the trial form the McAfee website. still doesn't work. CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!! and you too =)
                • 5. RE: Same Here
                  Hi,

May i know the version of your operating system and what service pack is installed with it?

may i also know the version of your internet explorer?

may i also know if you have other security softwares currently/previously installed in the computer?
                  • 6. ok here it is
                    ok i am using windows vista home premium SP1(dont know how to get SP2)

i downloaded it using firefox (dont remember what version, downloaded it like a month ago)

and i have windows defender. I ONLY trust McAfee! =) ( when windows starts up it says windows defender could not be started. i think it is because mcafee "kickes" WD(windows defender). when i reinstalled it iand i only had WD installed i didnt have the error.
                    EDIT: i did use the removal tool to remove it the second and third time
                    • 7. RE: ok here it is

please try to disabled windows defender... you can find it in your control panel...
                      • 8. RE: ok here it is
                        Jubo

You might want to check for updates/patches at the Microsoft Update center: http://update.microsoft.com/

Use the "Custom" button and install all critical updates and you might also want to install the "optional" updates.
                        • 9. RE: ok here it is

ok i did everything exept get SP2. My sister has the same suite and it works flawlessly. like i said it didnt work when i got my computer. Mcafee was the first thing I installed. i did the thing on IE8 and nothing. (yes firefox is mt default browser.)
                          1 2 3 4 Previous Next