This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
How about a 2010 product that:
- doesn't disable Systemguards after a DAT update?
- doesn't tell you that your sub needs activating every few days (old bug)?
- doesn't tell you that your sub needs activating and then, when you hit the Fix button, puts up a message "One or more problems requires your response", to which the only available response is "Close"? (the new enhanced version of the bug)?
And a technical support system that doesn't
- attempt to blame problems on some mysterious third party software, even though (in the Systemguards example) it is obviously kicked off by a DAT update each time?
- usually end up advising that you uninstall and install again? It might well do the job, but in software fit for puurpose it should not be necessary! And in the worst case scenario I might be unable to obtain all the updates since my software disk was produced. So no thanks.
In response to the first two bugs, I started doing manual updates rather than automatic, so other family members don't get the warning message. That is less secure.
However, I might as well go back to automatic now as the enhanced bug message cannot be got rid of. But I am still not secure, as the bogus red Fix button may be hiding real security issues as well.
I am absolutely fed up with the product, so I really don't care what is in the 2010 version, as it will not get near my computer. My only decision is whether to get rid of it now in favour of another product, or to put up with it until my sub runs out - because I object to not using something for which I have paid good money.
Silverhawk, thanks for your suggestions. None of the developers ever read these forums as they are for technical support only.
The best way to get your points across, as products are designed far ahead of their release dates, is to use the Beta programme and/or post in the Beta Forums: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=222454
FYI, the 2010 products aren't yet in public beta testing.
Alternatively you can write to McAfee HQ:
McAfee Corporate Headquarters:
3965 Freedom Circle
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Adelaide, if you aren't getting satisfaction in these forums then use Technical Support Chat linked at top left of the page or in my signature. They can go into your machine if necessary and can escalate the issue to a higher level.
Locking this thread.