2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2009 11:00 AM by zunnur

Am I protected? No

Hi, I'm new to this forum and thought this was the best place to post this:
      When I bring up Mcafee, it has a red icon and says my Computer & Files and Email & IM require action. Clicking "fix" doesn't do anything and it says my subscription must be verified, which doesn't do anything either. Also everyday a Mcafee window pops up and says that it is downloading the Mcafee Security Suite.

Please help me! Thanks
        • 1. RE: Am I protected? No
          ..where did you get your mcafee? you purchased it online?installed through a CD?or it came through an affiliate(i.e., Comcast, Dell, etc..)?

.."verify your subscription" msg may mean that your mcafee is already expired or is about to expire..

..that is, there is a possibility now that you need to uninstall/reinstall mcafee.. (you can use the mcafee removal tool to do the uninstallation)

also, try running the [U]McAfee Virtual Technician[/U], then post the session id here..

thanks.. happy
          • 2. RE: Am I protected? No
            I'm having similar problem. My Security Centre is saying that I'm not protected and I need to verify my subscription for three items. When I click FIX THIS, a pop out window says "one or more problems require your response."
            When I click "verify your subscription now" link individually on all three items dsiplayed as action required items, a pop up window says "Your subscription has been verified" but Security Centre stays RED.

Restarting my computer resolves the problem for a short while before it appears again.

This problem started after I downloaded and installed IE8 which comes with Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Please help.