Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2388 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2009 12:15 PM by sgurusaran RSS
Newcomer 5 posts since
Apr 12, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 12, 2009 8:58 AM

Pop up blocker

Hello,
I am a new user to Mcafee, I got it installed with my new Dell. I keep getting quite a bit of pop ups. I have the security centet 2009 edition. I can't find the pop up blocker option. Does this software come with this or should I look else where?. Thanks
  • matrixluke Newcomer 313 posts since
    Apr 29, 2008
    1. Apr 12, 2009 9:03 AM (in response to sgurusaran)
    RE: Pop up blocker

Wer do you get the popup's from? From McAfee?

If it is adware popup's

follow the steps suggested below.

Download Malwarebytes ' Anti-Malware from http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe or http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    * Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.
    * The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
    * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    * Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    * When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart (see Extra Note below).
    * The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
    * Copy & paste the entire report into your next reply.

Extra Note:
    If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
  • vinod_r2 McAfee Mentor 3,126 posts since
    Feb 15, 2008
    4. Apr 12, 2009 11:43 AM (in response to sgurusaran)
    RE: Security Center 9.0

questions:

What is the operating System?
    RAM ?
    . and version of McAfee installed ( 2009 is the year that would not help... you need to open McAfee Security centre and click on about)

The version and name of the browser used....
    the type of pop-ups you get.....

and yes is it only on some websites or all websites or most websites?

Regards
    VR

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)