8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2009 9:33 AM by Peter M

Have to verify every3 or 3 days

My McAfee Security center 9.3 warns me every 2 or 3 days that my computer is not fully protected en wants to verify my subcription.
      I don't mind verifying once or even twice but every 2 or 3 days is a bit overdone.
      What's causing the problem here and more important, how to solve this.

Thanks

JD
        • 1. RE: Have to verify every3 or 3 days
          BalaSGS
          Hi,

Please clarify/follow the steps

Did you made any changes to the computer in the recent past?
          Did you try to perform a system restore recently?

Steps

Try to verify the subscription and let us know the version of McAfee (Open McAfee security center-click on about in bottom left hand panel-check the build version for each product installed)?
          Run the MVT and post you’re Session ID
          http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp
          • 2. RE: Have to verify every3 or 3 days
            Greens
            I am also needing to verify my subscription every couple of days. As far as I know, nothing has changed on my computer and I have not messed around with system restore points. I'm running XP Media Center, Service Pack 3, all Windows updates are current as is McAfee. Clicking on the link to verify my subscription takes care of things but this is weird. I had a Vundo infection about a month ago but after spending big bucks it seems to be gone. My most recent scans have come up clean. Myabe it has something to do with a botched update from McAfee??? Just a wild guess.
            • 3. RE: Have to verify every3 or 3 days
              "My McAfee Security center 9.3 warns me every 2 or 3 days that my computer is not fully protected and wants to verify my subcription.
              I don't mind verifying once or even twice but every 2 or 3 days is a bit overdone.
              What's causing the problem here and more important, how to solve this."

Yet another case of this problem. It started a few months ago.

I don't have any virus or malware, my pc is stable, clean, no errors or problems of any kind.
              all updates are done automatically.
              Their technical wizard finds no problem.

Its an xp prof, dell laptop

The only thing that might affect the subscription check is that my date format is yyyy/mm/dd
              When it asks me to verify it displays the expiry date as 2009/09/01 which works for me but their code might be assuming mm/dd/yyyy.
              • 4. RE: Have to verify every3 or 3 days
                BalaSGS
                Hi,

Basically this issue arises when we try to do the system restore in windows or when we renew the McAfee product and install them without uninstalling the previous version of McAfee from the computer.
                So please provide us with MVT session ID session happy
                • 5. RE: Have to verify every3 or 3 days
                  I've never done a system restore.
                  I did do a clean install of windows some time ago, I do this about once a year.

My first attempt at solving the problem was a to completely remove mcafee and reinstall but it did not help.

The MVT is 17638991
                  • 6. RE: Have to verify every3 or 3 days
                    I did a clean install of windows XP, downloaded and installed mcafee.

"mcafee verify subscription now"

Really think this is pathetic
                    • 7. RE: Have to verify every3 or 3 days
                      Greens
                      You're right - it IS pathetic. I noticed on another thread that someone had this problem at 6 pm each night (others are having other issues at this time). Last night I had to verify my subscription at 6 pm. I've never paid attention to the time of day but I'm going to now. Maybe that will provide a clue. My problem began sometime after McAfee automatically upgraded to the latest version of Security Suite. I did, at one point, run the virtual technician, which found and fixed some problems, one of which was an extra registry key, but it made no difference in the verifying your subscription problem.
                      • 8. RE: Have to verify every3 or 3 days
                        Peter M
                        Problems like this also occur when registry cleaners are used. I long ago stopped using them as I found they removed key elements of many things.

So stop using those, if you are using them. If you ever use System Restore it's recommended to uninstall McAfee first, then use the MCPR removal tool and reinstall afterwards.

That's the most drastic result of a system restore but I find usually clicking updates and manually updating usually is sufficient.

If you continue having these problems then contact Technical Suppoort Chat linked at top left of the page or in my signature.