2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 8:07 AM by Peter M

Uninstall and reinstall McAfee - AAAARRRGH!!!

My volume of anger at this moment is incredible...I'll try to be civil and respectful but I have to admit it's going to be really difficult to maintain if I do not receive an acceptable solution.

I have experienced the issue with the bad DAT file, did as instucted here on this very forum to correct the issue, and am being told now to use the remove tool and reinstall. The problem is there was a link to an article for the removal tool and steps to take to reinstall Security Center. This is the link provided by Ex_Brit:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507
      (I copied the short cut for this post, but had clicked on the actual link in the post by Ex_Brit)

Here is what I get when I click on the link provided in the post:

The Document ID you entered was not recognized in our system. Please type the Document ID again, and make sure to use the correct prefix.

Technical Support documents use the prefix TS. For example, TS100376. To search for a specific document, navigate using the link at the top of the page. Click FAQs and Search on the left, and then click Proceed to Search.

Customer Service documents use the prefix CS. For example, CS40021. To search for a specific document, navigate using the link at the top of the page, then click FAQs and Search on the left.

So, if I cannot find this article how can I use the remove tool? All I want to do is uninstall the stupid program and reinstall it. If I cannot get a solution from McAfee today without having to fork out more money that I don't have, I will have to switch to another company who does not have these inconsistencies. Please tell me how to remove and reinstall, and provide the information I need through valid links to the removal tools. :mad: