8 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2009 6:10 AM by petitchoux

Windows Update for autorun goes up install then McAfee update pops up help

About 2 weeks ago I received an alert from windows that I needed to update a problem that autorun hadn't been disabled correctly so I installed the update. Then my McAfee pops up that updates are available so click for that to run and update. The next morning I get the same alert from windows to do the update and then McAfee pops up again so I do that update again. Every day since then the same thing happens over and over again. It looks like their's a conflict. I have done scanned my system over and over again to see if I have any trojans or anything else. The scans do not find anything.

Now yesterday and today I got the same situation as I read here when McAfee says it has an update I do the update but no window opens to tell me it was successful.
      Does anyone know what the isssue is?
      Thanks!
        • 1. RE: Windows Update for autorun goes up install then McAfee update pops up help
          Vinod R

well allow McAfee to update and then reboot the machine and then do the same with Windows and let me know
          • 2. RE: Windows Update for autorun goes up install then McAfee update pops up help

Hi Okay McAfee update was done and worked fine then I went to windows and yes that update still popped up so it's still conflicting. I will try and shut down the computer again to reboot and see if McAfee says again I need to update.
            • 3. still conflict
              No I did like you said twice and still the same issue... I have no clue what to do yet. The autorun update for windows is an important one too and with tomorrow possibly having some web issues it makes me nervous...
              help
              • 4. RE: still conflict
                Same problem going on...help!!!!!!!!!! I guess at this time I'm totally frustrated every time I turn on my computer!!

Read:

About 2 weeks ago I received an alert from windows that I needed to update a problem that autorun hadn't been disabled correctly so I installed the update. Then my McAfee pops up that updates are available so click for that to run and update. The next morning I get the same alert from windows to do the update and then McAfee pops up again so I do that update again. Every day since then the same thing happens over and over again. It looks like their's a conflict. I have done scanned my system over and over again to see if I have any trojans or anything else. The scans do not find anything.

Now yesterday and today I got the same situation as I read here when McAfee says it has an update I do the update but no window opens to tell me it was successful.
                Thanks!
                • 5. RE: still conflict
                  Same problem going on...help!!!!!!!!!! I guess at this time I'm totally frustrated every time I turn on my computer!!

Read:

Thanks!

ps

would it help if I installed IE 8? That update popped up today and am nervous to install it.
                  • 6. Same issue!! help...
                    okay as I said before there is a definate conflict with my trying to update widows update which states the autorun wasn't stopped correctly. Then after I do the update oh which mysteriously disappears after a McAfee update!

Now I have been converting some family video's that we have recorded on a really old camcorder that put everything on a video vhs tapes to dvd's and I uncovered another problem which I didn't have prior to upgrading my mcafee security center. The program seems to get stuck half way in the creation of the dvd creation. I thought at first gees don't tell me my burner isn't working anymore. I tried just making a cd of some files i have in my puter and that program ended weirdly saying that it hadn't completed the process. I then put the cd in the viewer and found the files were there so it's not the burner. so there's a conflict it seems with pinacle software and my record now software....
                    help!!!
                    • 7. conflict?? help!!
                      I have been checking and rechecking my system and it is very clean. No adware, spyware, trojans, or viruses however still seems to be this same conflict between windows autorun patch being able to update. McAfee conflict for sure. Any advise anyone? Are there any settings in McAfee that would stop this update from happening from Windows? Antthing such as systemguard?
                      I appreciate would appreciate any suggestions.
                      thanks!
                      • 8. update
                        I have been working with Microsoft Tec. on this problem since I wasn't able to get anyone here to offer any advice. It's been a ride! We've removed programs...hardware...etc... trying various things including removing McAfee Security Center... finally they gave me a file to download which seems to have taken care of this situation.

However I see now it seems my puter takes a real long time in booting but I see it has to be a McAfee situation because of all the other comments I read here. I too am one of those folks getting that message saying McAfee needs to be activated red box...

could you folks tell us how we can resolve that issue?
                        Thanks!