1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2009 12:08 PM by Peter M

Virtual Technician did not open

In an attempt to solve another issue, I visited McAfee Technical Support and tried to chat with a representative. On two different occassions, I downloaded the program, but the GO TO ASSIST never opened a chat. All it did was open a window with a green loading bar that said "initializing."

That green bar was "initializing" for half an hour. I tried a second time a week later and the same thing happened.

I have IE 6.0 and Windows XP
      My two service reference numbers are:
        • 1. RE: Virtual Technician did not open
          Peter M
          You should be using IE7 at least although IE8 is now final, and your XP should be SP3 or it isn't actually supported any more.

Try disabling any pop-up blockers you may have.

Download the latest Java engine from http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp (change countries if your system language isn't English)
          Then uninstall any older version you may have via Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs.

If the problem persists I would imagine you need to make sure Windows is up to scratch with updates, both critical and non-critical as it may be missing some crucial elements needs for your browser to work properly.