3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2009 6:06 AM by Peter M

System Scanning

How do I manually schedule all system scans, etc.?
      It seems that currently, McAfee runs these tasks during some peak times, causing system slowdowns. Thanks in advance.

-Bob
        • 1. RE: System Scanning
          Peter M
          You're posting under Virus Removal Assistance so have no idea which application you are talkiing about. Is this VirusScan Enterprise or VirusScan Home?
          • 2. Reply
            You'll have to excuse me for my lack of expertise in using this site.
            I think my subscription is called the 'Home Total Protection Plan'.
            What Forum should I be using for general questions as a rule?
            Thanks again

-Bob
            • 3. RE: Reply
              Peter M
              Sorry, it's just with your first post it wasn't clear if you what application you were talking about.

Moved provisionally to Security Center 9 - 2009.

Please include the following information:
              What is your operating system, service pack and are you up to date with Microsoft update? Go to Start/Run and type in winver then click Enter. Or right-click My Computer (Computer in Vista), select Properties and post what it says.

What McAfee products do you have? If your taskbar icon is like this: - double-click to open SecurityCenter and then click "View Details" or "About" at the lower right of the new window. Post the version details from each module.

In Total Protection you can alter or cancel scheduled scans.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center
              Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
              Click Configure (left)
              Click Computer & Files (top left)
              Click Advanced (right)
              Click Scheduled Scan (left)
              You can cancel or alter the scan there.

There are 2 other autoscans that occur so with Security Center still open
              Click Tools (left)
              Click Task Scheduler (far right)
              Defragmenter and Quickclean are both on by defualt. You can delete those tasks there too.