This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Please try the steps below:
1. Run the MVT through the following link: http://mvt.mcafee.com and follow the onscreen instructions.
2. Run the MCPR to remove all the older versions of Mcafee by the following link, http://us.mcafee.com/root/mcpr2.exe
3. Click Start-Run, Type temp and Delete all the files,
4. Click Start-Run, Type %temp% and Delete all the files,
5. Open Internet explorer, Click Tools-Internet options, under the general tab Delete Cookies, files.
6. Run the IEregfix through the following link: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IERegFix.bat
7. Please follow this Document ID: TS100534. http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100534&lang=en_US&prior_tid=24&A nswerID=16777217
Please get back to us if you still experience the same issue
thanks. i went to mvt, and it wouldnt let me download what it said. it gave me the same "firefox could not establish a connection" message. but it was in the mvt box. also for number 7, i did not have the DNS ip that it said was the infected one, but it sounds like thats my problem. i used the removal tool and that didnt help either.
the problem discribed in number 7 seems to be like mine, but as i said i dont have the infected DNS ip. is it possible it would still be infected while having a different ip?
There is a possibility of having the Malware infection in the computer.
Are you getting the any kind of pop-ups or Alerts in the computer?
Have you followed the step 6 that I suggested?
Steps can be tried:
Try to clear the IP stack in the command prompt (netsh int ip reset reset.log)
Tried Flush/renew the IP using the command prompt (ipconfig /Flushdns ipconfig /renew)
If still issue persists try to run the following Malware Byte tool make sure you remove it after running a scan, http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php clean anything it detected.
i cant download the ieregfix. same thing happens. and ill try some of the other things later.
i cant download malwarebytes(the same thing happens) but i already have it on my comp. but i think when i try to scan, it crashes my computer with bluescreen.
i havnt tried flushing my IP yet which i will probably do tonite
what exactly does flushing your IP address do?