3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2009 8:55 AM by Peter M

VirusScan Home Use Option - Ver 2.0

Hi,

I'm not able to install the the VirusScan home use option. It is always failing with out showing any specific error. I have tried a number of times but the result was the same.
      My PC is having Windows XP - 2000 with service pack 3. Kindly advice if you have any idea about this.

Thanks
      Reji
        • 1. RE: VirusScan Home Use Option - Ver 2.0
          Peter M
          Please clarify what you mean by VirusScan Home Use Option ver 2.0 - where are you trying to install this from, McAfee's website, a CD or what? What exactly is the description of this product?

Also XP can't be 2000 as well. Either you have Windows XP SP3 or Windows 2000 which has to be at least SP4. Also please clarify if this is 32 or 64-bit.

VirusScan is not marketed on its own but always with at least Firewall Plus and you posted under Privacy Service which has very little to do with what we are talking about here so moved the post.

If you can clarify the above along with any errors you are getting then maybe I can help.

Also - did you have any previous protection software installed?
          • 2. RE: VirusScan Home Use Option - Ver 2.0
            This is from Mcaffe website. But still i don't know the reason why i'm not able to instal the McAffe in my system.

Prior to this system was installed with Nod 32 anti virus s/w.
            • 3. RE: VirusScan Home Use Option - Ver 2.0
              Peter M
              My question above wasn't answered...

Also please clarify if this is 32 or 64-bit.

What errors are you getting?

See if this key exists in the registry.

Go to Start/Run and enter regedit hit the Enter key.
              Go to:
              HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENTVERSION/UNINSTALL

Look for any items referring to nod32 and eset and delete them. Then retry.
              Be very careful only to pick ones that belong to them.