1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2009 4:41 AM by davehorne

upgrade from 8 to 9, smooth ... but

davehorne
      I turned on the computer this morning and saw that I had to reboot for new updates from McAfee to take effect. This is not a usual occurrence.

(My subscription was bought through Dell and their servers have finally been updated it would seem.)

There were several minor issues with this upgrade. After the initial reboot I had to 'fix' McAfee as my computer was not protected. Minor issue.

I thought all was well and decided to update just for the heck of it. I was then told (yet again) that I had to reboot for the new updates to take effect. Shouldn't this have been taken care of with the new upgrade?

After two reboots and 'fixing' my computer, all now seems just fine. I don't know what's new under the hood, but the program seems the same to me. The only visual difference I noticed was the pop up window telling me I was up to date. I assume there were more important changes made?

DH

[edit ... added later] Well, after a little more looking I managed to find a little glitch. I use Outlook 2007 (under Vista Home Premium, SP1). Normally when I open Outlook 2007 there's a McAfee toolbar that appears. It now does not appear on its own until I just click on Tools \ Options. I don't have to click on anything else, simply clicking on Tools \ Options calls up the McAfee toolbar add in. Wierd.

Outlook 2007 (12.0.6316) SP1 MSO (12.0.6320.5000)
        1 2 Previous Next