7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2009 1:59 PM by easy1ndian RSS

McAfee Endpoint File/Folder Encryption

easy1ndian
      Hi,.

Our company would like to buy McAfee Endpoint Encryption File/Folder Encryption product. I've few questions which were not answered by the website.

Can I use this product to replace PGP? I mean, can I still generate and use PGP compatible public and private keys for encryption and decryption?

I've PGP to create keyring. public key from this keyring i sent to customers for them to encrypt and send the file back to me. i use the private key to decrypt the file.

will this be possible with McAfee product? can I set key expiry? Can i setup centralized key issuance and management, can i retrieve data even if the key is lost? Does this support key archival, PCI compliant logging and reporting?

Thank you
        • 1. RE: McAfee Endpoint File/Folder Encryption
          easy1ndian
          could anyone please help me here. i got the followinf reply from mcafee

"I would like to inform you that McAfee do not offer any software in order to encrypt and decrypt the files. I would recommend that you contact our Corporate Customer Service at 800-338-8754 and select option 3 in order to check whether any softwares are available with that features."

which is unbelievable.

please answer my queries.
          • 3. RE: McAfee Endpoint File/Folder Encryption
            easy1ndian
            thank you tony,

i tried this docs but could not find answers to my queries.

is there anyone who is using in their business would like to help.

Thank you
            • 4. RE: McAfee Endpoint File/Folder Encryption
              SafeBoot
              tell us about your requirement, how many users etc, what platforms?

the answer is very different if you need 5 nodes, or 5000...
              • 5. RE: McAfee Endpoint File/Folder Encryption
                easy1ndian
                [SIZE="4"]Thank you for replying. i just finished calling McAfee US but office is closed.

We have all windows clients. Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and Windows Vista

we will have around 100 users including servers.

now let me come back to the requirements:

Can I use this product to replace PGP? I mean, can I still generate and use PGP compatible public and private keys for encryption and decryption?

I've PGP to create keyring. public key from this keyring i sent to customers for them to encrypt and send the file back to me. i use the private key to decrypt the file.

will this be possible with McAfee product? can I set key expiry? Can i setup centralized key issuance and management, can i retrieve data even if the key is lost? Does this support key archival, PCI compliant logging and reporting?

We are moving from Symantec. We have the following products approved for purchase.

1. McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint
                2. McAfee Host Data Loss Prevention
                3. McAfee EndPoint Encryption Devices (Which I want to replace with File/Folder Encryption)
                4. McAfee Encrypted USB Hard Disk
                5. McAfee Zero Footprint NonBio USB
                6. McAfee Total Protection for Compliance
                7. McAfee Remediation Manager

I am just waiting for clarification on two products.

One is regarding encryption products and other is regarding webwahser. is web washer per user license? or is per appliance?

Thank you very much[/SIZE]
                • 6. RE: McAfee Endpoint File/Folder Encryption
                  SafeBoot
                  No, this product has nothing to do with PGP - that's made by someone else.

I suggest you either start by reading the manuals, or perhaps get some consultancy time to help you plan your rollout? Who is your McAfee account manager, they should be able to talk you though this stuff pretty easily?
                  • 7. RE: McAfee Endpoint File/Folder Encryption
                    easy1ndian
                    Thank you.

I'veen trying my level best to get a qualified McAfee guy in Dubai. if you have contacts, please let me know. I'm also finding it difficult to get get Webwasher product. is it licenses per user?

Thanks again