This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
The most current version is compatible with Vista 64-bit.... In general there are no "mojor problems", but it always depends on the configuration of the computer and of course.... the person at the keyboard... grin
Cute username though...;)
Kindly please let me know, how to verify that the McAfee Total Protection 2009 Suite purchased will install on Windows XP 64 Bit, Actually my friend has purchased the Suite and trying to install this version on the OS, but unable to achieve this
Please help us what we are missing or anything
Waiting for your reply
It is NOT compatible with XP 64-bit, sorry. None of the home products are.
Just click "System Requirements" on any of the product pages to find out that informations.
- Microsoft® Windows 2000 (32-bit) with Service Pack 4 (SP4) or higher,
- Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher,
- Windows Vista (32- or 64-bit) and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- 800 X 600 or higher resolution
- 256 MB RAM
- 75 MB of available free drive space
- Internet connection
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Optional: Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later
Supported Email Programs
- POP3 – Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird; Japanese only: Shuriken, Becky and PostPet
- MAPI – Outlook
- Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
Required For Anti-Spam Toolbar Plug-In
- Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Outlook 2000 or later
- Eudora 6.0 or later
- Thunderbird 1.0 or later
- Anti-Spam also supports any other POP3 email client (without SSL) and Web accounts (MSN/Hotmail paid accounts and accounts with POP3 access)
Thank You Sir for you replies
Actually i have written the question regarding a previous post where it is said that "The most current version is compatible with Vista 64-bit" i also searched the Internet for the same but unable to find the Total Protection Suite 2009 for XP 64 bit and kindly please let me know whether there is any information regarding the 64-bit antivirus or say the Total Protection Suite for Win XP 64 bit by McAfee
There is no such thing as Total Protection for XP 64-bit - not in the home products at least and the corporate products, if they exist in that category, have to be bought in large quantities.
The home products are only compatible with XP 32-bit, but are compatible with Vista 64-bit.
I suggest you use a Google search for XP 64-bit compatible anti-virus applications.
Kindly please let me know that in future, is there any Total Protection Suite from McAfee Stable for the Win XP or Vista 64 bit or not
Thanks again for the info happy
I've already stated it. None of the McAfee home products will ever support XP x64, they support ONLY XP x86 (32-bit).
They DO support Vista x86 (32-bit) & x64 (64-bit).