This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Are you using Windows XP or Windows Vista?
When Trying to download McAfee using the download manager are you getting "The page cannot be displayed" or "cannot display the webpage" or you are just really being redirected?
Probably you can try these steps:
1. Click start-->run--> type devmgmt.msc then click on ok
2. On the upper part of the device manager , click on VIEW then select show hidden devices
3. Now click on "NON PLUG AND PLAY DRIVERS /DEVICES.
4. Then right click TDSSserv.sys and disable it
5. Then restart the computer then try downloading McAfee again. Goodluck. if problem will still persists, please reply.
I'm using XP service pck 3, I ran a Hijack this and sent the log through their auto checker. it didn't spot anything. but perhaps it may mean something to you?
try to run this free tool:
Malwarebytes - http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe
Malwarebytes Manual Updater - http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe
download, install and run a full scan using the program. remove any detected files.
hope it helps. post back for any more concerns.
Thanks earthdragunz thats worked, excelent recomendation!
Found and deleated ten Trojan files. McAfree is downloading as I am writing this.
Thanks again mate and have a merry christmas. happy
Glad to help