8 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2010 8:07 AM by rasheedrasheed.kodiyathoor

Help!!! Multiple problems!!!

Hi. Hopefully someone can help me. First, about every 2 minutes I get a pop-up message that says "McAfee Personal Firewall has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Secondly, when I go to the Security Center and click "scan" it gets hung up for a few minutes and then I get a pop-up that says "Virius on Demand Scan has encountered a problem and needs to close". Then all the details in the Security Center say all the different kinds of scans have been disabled.

Thirdly, whenever I click on a website I get a pop up that says the following-For example, on the cnn.com website: "Security Warning- The current web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted Sites list. Do you want to allow this?" Then it says: "Current site: http://ads.cnn.com' & below that it says 'Trusted site: res://ieframe.dll". This is happening for every single website & is quite annoying. Why is this happening all of a sudden?

Finally, the internet & the entire processing time when opening & closing programs is extremely slow. Something is seriously wrong-I can't figure out what.

After reading various threads on this message board I tried removing the McAfee progam through "my computer", I ran MCPR.exe file & reinstalled McAfee and I still am having the same problems. This is very frustrating. I don't know if this is the best place to post this message but I thought I'd start here. Somebody please help!! Thanks in advance!!!