This content has been marked as final. Show 29 replies
What are the McAfee programs installed in your computer?
What is message that is written in the right pane McAfee window(Security Center?/ What is the reason that Mcafee shows for not being protected?
I have the following programs installed:
Security Centre 9.0
Parental Controls 11.0
Easy Network 3.0
Back up and Restore 3.0
The message that normally come up are the following:
Real time scanning is disabled
Spyware is disabled
IM scanning is disabled
Script scanning is disabled
Buffer overflow is disabled
After clicking fix, it normally takes a few times to correct the problem since a message box comes up with "One or more problems cannot be fixed due to an error".
It happens almost everytime the computer is turned on and almost everytime after updating it comes up with the computer is not protected.
It seems like a Spyware infection
Download Malwarebytes ' Anti-Malware from http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe or http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart (see Extra Note below).
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy & paste the entire report into your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program yesterday after having another problem and it came back with the all-clear. Nothing was detected. Should I re-run it or maybe try another program?
I have decided to re run the program and see if it comes up with anything else. Will let you know how it goes.
I ran the full scan. Yesterday, I only ran the quick scan but even with the full scan, nothing turned up at all. It came up clean as well. Is there anything else I should do?
I'm having the same issue. It pops up and says it's not protected. I scanned for malware/spyware nothing came up, uninstalled security center, ran the mcafee removal tool, reinstalled it and it still happens.
I ran the anti-spyware and 12 tracking cookies were found. They have been quarantined. I am not sure whether I should remove them though.
While the scan was running however, McAfee alerted me to an attempted registry change. It said:
Systemguards - setup items
Win32 Cabinet Self-extractor
Location - C:documents and settings\username\local settings\temp\rbSolnUpdateENU.3.2.0.exe.
I blocked it because I wasnt sure. Is this a legitimate change or something else?