3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2008 11:57 AM by matrixluke

dowloads ok, won't install

Hi,
      I am a long time user of McAfee internet security. I was out of town and when I returned home by subscription expired. I quicky renewed it and downloaded internet security again, but when it went to install the program on my computer it would not install because it said I needed to uninstall a program called webroot spysweeper, it said it had another anti-virus program installed. I do not have this program, but I went to add/remove programs and checked and removed an ad-aware spyware program and restarted my computer.
      It still will not download and I don't know what to do, because I have never installed this program it says I have and I cannot find anything else that might be causing the problem. I have the same programs installed as I did when McAfee expired, so I am just so confused what to do. Any help at alll would be so appreciated. I have been working on this for 3 days and don't want to be on the internet uprotected. Thanks again so much for any help anyone can give me.
      Stacy