This content has been marked as final. Show 11 replies
The home products can't be used in a server environment, only the Enterprise products.
Have you any idea exactly what type or version of McAfee product this is?
If it's Total Protection for Small Business (a.k.a. TOPS) then support is not available here. For support refer to this sticky: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=217973
If it is, in fact, an Enterprise product then support is available through the Corporate area here: http://community.mcafee.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122
Home product compatibility from the product/system requirements page:
- Microsoft® Windows 2000 (32-bit) with Service Pack 4 (SP4) or higher,
- Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher,
- Windows Vista and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher (32 & 64-bit)
- 800 X 600 or higher resolution
- 256 MB RAM
- 75 MB of available free drive space
- Internet connection
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Optional: Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later
- McAfee Anti-Theft supports 32-bit platform only
Supported Email Programs
- POP3 – Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird; Japanese only: Shuriken, Becky and PostPet
- MAPI – Outlook
- Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
Supported Instant Messaging Programs:
- AOL Instant Messenger 2.1 or later
- Yahoo Messenger 4.1 or later
- Microsoft Windows Messenger 3.6 or later
- MSN Messenger 6.0 or later
Required For Anti-Spam Toolbar Plug-In:
- Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Outlook 2000 or later
- Eudora 6.0 or later
- Thunderbird 1.0 or later
- Anti-Spam also supports any other POP3 email client (without SSL) and Web accounts (MSN/Hotmail paid accounts and accounts with POP3 access)
No I don't know what type it is.
It came with an HP MediaSmart Server that I just bought (this is a Windows Home Server OS) and it was pre-installed with an alleged free trial.
On the Windows Home Server Console it is called:
McAfee Total Protection Service
There's also a "buy now" link on the server console which takes me here:
I obviously don't want to buy it (yet) because I can't get it to run now and it's also under free trial for 7 months....
Your support options are as per this post: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=217973
Small Business Products aren't supported here at all, sorry. If in doubt contact whomever sold you that machine.
I tried to register to submit a support ticket but I don't have a grant #. Where do I get a grant #?
Contact Custoner Service at the top of this page, second from left and explain what product you have, that it's an unactivated trial version and you've lost your grant number and don't know how to get technical support.
You'll be able to speak directly with them on the phone.
If you are having a problem with your trial run, you will need to contact the partner that is providing the trial. In your case, you need to contact HP tech support.
Thanks Mark. A link to Support on the product page would certainly not go amiss.
this isn't right mcafee worked for a week now it tells me my trial period expried with a "Invalid Entitlement" what happen to the 7 month free trial
mcafee wants to sell a 3 year subscription to this non working product.
can't find any help either
If you are talking Total Protection for Small Business, there is no support here. It is laid out in your contract.
See: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=217973 as mentioned earlier in this thread.
If this is the regular home product then a new thread may be in order as this thread is rather old.