3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2009 5:34 AM by BobSunny

No Programs are Available to Install From This Account

Hello! Can someone PLEASE help me?? I was trying to reinstall Security Center--although I have a valid subscription valid to 06/03/2010, I keep getting the message No programs are available to install from this account.

The reason I was trying to reinstall Security Center was because I got the message--An error occurred while updating--please reinstall Security Center. I uninstalled Security Center, used the MCPR removal tool, then tried to download my subscription from the recommended McAfee site for Dell users. In the past, due to the error while updating, I have been able to go to the password protected site and download Security Center without a problem. Now it asks me for my e-mail address and password a second time after downloading a 1MB+ piece of McAfee software, does a search, and comes up with the answer--No programs are available to install from this account. I even went to McAfee Customer Service for assistance and they have verified my subscription valid to 06/03/2010. Then I followed McAfee Customer Service instructions and did essentially what I had already done and still am unable to download. (I have MSN dial up service and used Internet Explorer and MSN Explorer to try and download--no luck.)

I have a Dell Dimension E521 with Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1) with 2 GB RAM;File System NFTS; McAfee Security Center 9.0; Virus Scan 13.0; Personal Firewall 10.0; Site Advisor 2.8; Anti-Spam 10.0 and Parental Control 11.0. Also Super Anti-Spyware. I live in the great state of Michigan, USA.

I have had to uninstall and use the MCPR tool and reinstall McAfee Security Center several times over a period of approximately 1-1/2 years due to errors while updating it and until now have always been able to reinstall by downloading at the McAfee site for Dell users without a problem. Now I cannot even download!!! What is going on? Needless to say, this is a very, very frustrating experience for me. I feel I have spent much to much time over the past 1-1/2 years uninstalling and reinstalling Security Center!!!!!

Would appreciate very much any assistance you can offer. Thanks very much for reading this!!!!!!