1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2009 5:39 AM by Peter M

installing SiteAdvisor Plus uninstalls Security Center!

davehorne
      This was truly an amazing experience! In my attempt to solve a compatibility problem with the McAfee Outlook Toolbar and Skype I decided to yet again uninstall McAfee (as well as uninstall the Skype Outlook add-in).

I jumped through all the necessary hoops and when I went to install the McAfee products instead of first installing the SiteAdvisor Plus and then installing the Security Center I did just the opposite.

After I successfully installed Security Center 9.3.137 I went back and installed SiteAdvisor. Well, the installation process of SiteAdvisor _removed_ Security Center! Not only was the 'M' icon missing from my System Tray, McAfee Security Center was not listed in Vista \ Control Panel \ Programs and Features - Security Center was in fact _gone_!

Is this a known issue with the installation of SiteAdvisor Plus? My subscription of SiteAdvisor Plus runs to the end of June this year and I'm tempted to ask for a refund.

Would someone try and duplicate this for me? Uninstall _all_ McAfee products and then install Security Center _followed_ by SiteAdvisor Plus.

A very frustrated customer!
        1 2 Previous Next