1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 7:45 AM by blksith0

Need to Reinstall McAfee

Hey I gotta reinstall Mcafee, says some componets are missing. I think i accidentally deleted some important files from the mcafee folder place. But I dont have the installer EXE thing anymore so what do I do??
        • 1. missing components
          BalaSGS
          Hi,
          Could you please let me the answers for the below questions

How did you install McAfee? (CD/onlie)
          Have you tried updating McAfee? If not try updating.
          What is the operating system?
          What subscription you have with McAfee?
          Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling McAfee?
          • 2. Answers

Um, I installed McAfee when a long time ago, it was like "HEY UR NOT PROTECTED! EXPIRED! BUY ANOTHER!" So I went to a website filled out some paypal, and I got an installer EXE thing that I ran, but I guess I should have saved it. And yeah so it was online.

Um, how do you update? I thought it does that automatically.

I have Windows XP SP3

Um.. what do you mean by subscription, when I bought it, I got it for 1 year.

If I uninstall it, I cant reinstall it, because I dont know how.
            • 3. RE: Answers
              BalaSGS
              Hi

Try to update McAfee Manually (Open security center ->click on Update button)
              Try to right click on McAfee Icon in the system tray and try to click on Product setup if you don’t have then try to click on Verify subscription
              If this doesn’t work then please check with our technical support chat team for verifying your account detail http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=CHAT

Regards
              Bala
              • 4. RE: Answers
                Hey sorry for the late response.

Yeah so I updated it, nothing.
                Then I right clicked it and verified subscription, and all that did was make a little pop-up go "Your subscription has been verified"

So um. It still says in the main window "some components are missing. reninstall it"
                • 5. RE: Answers
                  BalaSGS
                  Hi,

Perform the below steps:

1. Right-click the M icon and select Open Security Center.
                  2. From the Basic Menu, select McAfee Virtual Technician under common tasks on the left.
                  3. Follow the on screen instructions and complete MVT scan and check out the results for more information

You can also perform this scanning from http://mvt.mcafee.com

In Case the same problem persists, follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Mcafee products.

Un installation:
                  1. Download the removal tool from:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

2. Click Save and save the file to a folder on your computer.
                  3. Navigate to the folder where the file was saved.
                  4. Make sure all McAfee windows are closed.
                  5. Double-click MCPR.exe to run the removal tool
                  6. Restart your computer after receiving the message Cleanup Successful
                  Re installation:

Click on the below link and follow the screen shot instructions to reinstall the Mcafee products.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100342&lang=en_US&prior_tid=16&A nswerID=16777217
                  • 6. RE: Answers
                    Im missing files, heres the session ID 159406601

Yeah so Im gonna try that reinstalling thing.

Thanks!
                    • 7. RE: Answers
                      Dang it, I have a new email and I cant remember my old one.
                      • 8. RE: Answers
                        Peter M
                        If you can't access your account give Customer Service a call at 1-866-622-3911 9am - 9pm Eastern Time, or 1-866-897-9325 press 4 then 0 (should get you straight through to that department).
                        • 9. RE: Answers
                          Alrightee, I talked to an Indian person for 1 hour and 7 minutes, and I got everything all fixed. Thanks, heres some cookies for your troubles.

1 2 Previous Next