4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2009 10:56 AM by 1Robert

Trusted Site Message

When I am visiting a certain website, there appears a window asking me to allow or to not allow a trusted site: res:\\ieframe.dll. Whether I click "yes" or "no" it continuously appears when I am on this site. I wasn't aware that this site is or is not trusted. This window does not appear when I am on other websites, although, I am on this website for a longer period of time than others.

Why does this continue to appear and what can I do about it?

Thanks!
        • 1. RE: Trusted Site Message
          Peter M
          Make sure that Windows, whatever version you use, is totally up to date, both with critical and non-critical updates.

If you are running Internet Explorer 7 go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the Reset button. OK and exit, close and reopen IE7.
          You will have to-enable all the browser add-ons.

If Internet Explorer 6 - go to Tools/Internet Options..
          General tab: clear cookies, history and temporary files
          Security tab: set all zones to default
          Content tab: disable Content Advisor
          Advanced tab: set to default. OK and exit.

Try again.
          • 2. RE: Trusted Site Message
            Thanks, Ex Brit. I will try these things.
            • 3. It Worked
              The only update available for my computer was the following and after downloading it and restarting my computer, the trusted sites messages have not reoccurred and another problem I was having has not either.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86

Thanks a lot for your help!:)
              • 4. RE: Trusted Site Message
                Peter M
                Glad to help.