This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
There may be various reasons for the installation to fail. So please clarify/try the below:
• Please let us know your computer’s configuration (E.g.: CPU, Memory & Operating System). To check that please make a single right click on My Computer>Click on Properties> Click on General Tab
• Are you trying to install the McAfee for the 1st time? If so did you use any other security programs to the computer?
• Checked for the installed programs in the computer – If you find any other security programs like Symantec, AVG, Trend Micro, Spy Blaster etc – Uninstall them from Control Panel> Add/Rem
• Run the McAfee Pre-Install Tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.e xe
• Also run the McAfee removal tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe to remove all the traces from the computer, reboot the computer and then try the installation
Not sure what I did but it installed fine and working well, many thanks.
You’re welcome, please do get back to us if you have any more concerns with McAfee