3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2009 7:52 AM by exbrit

In-depth process description

Hi there,

I'm looking for in-depth process description of the following services.

• FrameworkService.exe
      • mcshield.exe
      • vsktskmgr.exe

Thanks in advance for your help,
      A
        • 1. RE: In-depth process description
          Vinod R

you are posting o the wrong thread.. Please post on the enterprise thread. also indicate the details of the product version that you have installed , system details and the purpose of the details some one on that thread might be able to get you details that can be published.

i would have googled up those names and found out what they mean...
          • 2. RE: In-depth process description
            vinod_r2,

Thank you for pointing the bad location & lack of additional informatio out to me, I'll re-adress/reask my question.
            Regarding your answer of the in-depth process description.
            I do not agree.
            In the first couple of google-pages, only found generic information.

• FrameworkService.exe : goes to look for signature & engin updates.
            • mcshield.exe: The actual scanning engin
            • vsktskmgr.exe: no detailed info found. however, I gathering that it schedules both services mentioned above

Thanks for your help,
            A
            • 3. RE: In-depth process description
              exbrit
              According to my Google Search:

Frameworkservice.exe:

The frameworkservice.exe file is a process by Network Associates belonging to their E-policy orchestrator anti-virus suite. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated

McShield.exe:
              mcshield.exe this process is associated with McAfee`s Internet Security suite. More specifically, it is essential to the Antivirus software and should not be removed.

(part of many versions of McAfee protection actually)

vstskmgr.exe:

vstskmgr.exe is a process belonging to the McAfee Internet Security suite and protects your computer from Internet-bound threats. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

I doubt you will get any more detailed description as internal software processes are protected by trade licences, copyrights, trademarks etc.

As it appears you are talking Enterprise then post here: http://community.mcafee.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122

We are purely Home products here.