Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2255 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 29, 2009 6:06 PM by BalaSGS RSS Branched to a new discussion.
Newcomer 1 posts since
May 28, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

May 28, 2009 9:58 PM

Virus Protection turns off

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out. Quite often, when I turn my computer on, I get a message from the Windows Security Center, I can't remember the exact message but basically it said one of the security options didn't start. Selecting the message opens the Windows Security Center and I find the Malware Protection section is red. I open this and the Virus Protection (McAfee VirusScan) option is off. This doesn't happen every time, but quite often.

I've turn this back on again and again, but this still keeps happening. What do I need to do to keep this option from turning off?

Thanks,

Jim
  • BalaSGS Community Administrator 963 posts since
    Oct 8, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 29, 2009 6:06 PM (in response to Dr.Watson)
    RE: Virus Protection turns off
    Hi,
    Pleas clarify,
    Did you receive any kind of alert/advertisements or pop-ups in the computer?
    Check the DAT version and Engine version of McAfee Virus scan (Open Security center-click on about in the Right hand bottom panel-check the Build version and DAT version for McAfee Virus scan)?
    Perform the McAfee Virtual Technician in both computer and post the session ID http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp

Bala

McAfee Tier 2.5 Team lead / Administrator

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)