5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 12:01 PM by kaboom3009

Unable to Install Mcafee Total Protection 2009 in Windows Vista

Hi,

I have trouble in complete installation on Mcafee Total Protection 2009 in Windows Vista Ultimate (Sp1), as im unsuccessful in the installation of virus scan, firewall and anti spam, all others installed successful, i tried couple of times but was not successful in the intallation.

Lemme know do i need to change any systems settings b4 install.
      Could any one help in this regard..

Thank you..
        • 1. RE: Unable to Install Mcafee Total Protection 2009 in Windows Vista
          Just a thought.....

Tried disabling User Account Control (UAC)?

Open the Control Panel (Classic Style), then double click on "User Accounts", then in the "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off", UNCHECK the box for "User Account Control". Reboot the computer.

Once that's done, Vista may warn you of the lack of security by throwing a red or yellow warning shield in the lower right corner/system tray. You can disable that as well by opening Control Panel, then the "Security Center" icon, then select the "Don't Notify me and don't display the icon" option.

Hope this helps.

Grif
          • 2. RE: Unable to Install Mcafee Total Protection 2009 in Windows Vista
            Thanks for the reply..

I have already tried this method, also turned off Windows Firewall ,Win defender and UAC b4 installation , but it did not help...any other suggestions..

Regards..
            • 3. RE: Unable to Install Mcafee Total Protection 2009 in Windows Vista
              do you have any other antivirus software on your computer? or previous version of mcafee?
              incase you have, uninstall the software/s and then try again..
              keep posting your progress
              cheers!!
              • 4. RE: Unable to Install Mcafee Total Protection 2009 in Windows Vista
                Thanks 4 the response..

I have no any other anti virus installed, nor have pre version of Macfee, mine is total a new system, but couldn't find any reason why installation failed.

Even before my trials i have turned off Windows firewall, UAV, Windefender and IE protected mode too.
                In the Total protection Installation only Site adviser, OEM support and parent control are successful, but anti virus, firewall and ant spam failed twice

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Regards
                • 5. RE: Unable to Install Mcafee Total Protection 2009 in Windows Vista
                  If you still have this trouble goto the mcafee web site and goto support . run the virtual technician (possibly 3 or 4 times) this shoud fix the trouble.

If it only fixes it for the session return to support and continue to tech support and ask for assistance or ask for the link to preinstall and mcpr. these files will help to install a clean version.

remove software with normal vista Program and features run mcpr.exe, reboot, run preinstall, reload software ( suggest using online version of your mcafee product as it is more uptodate).

This SHOULD correct your troubles. or you may have the same troubles as I and can search for adware-bdsearch to compare your troubles.