This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Could you give us some more detailed information? If you have an icon near the PC clock like:
- , then launch the Security Center:
Click on the "View Details" link and in the next window you see all the McAfee programs installed. Clicking on each of them will give you the exact version numbers. Include the version # of the VirusScan Scan Engine and DAT file.
- Windows XP: Go to Start > right click My Computer > click on Properties and on the General tab you'll find all the information, incl. any installed Service Packs.
- Windows Vista: Open Welcome Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Welcome Center.
- Check if your version of Windows is up-to-date at: Windows Update. Use the "Custom" button. This way you also get the "Optional" updates as well as the "Critical" updates/patches.
It could be that there has been a version upgrade. Maybe it's a better idea to uninstall all Mcafee software and reinstall from your online account.
To uninstall/reinstall McAfee's software:
- uninstall all McAfee programs through "add/Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel", incl. Security Center.
- Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe).
This will remove all Mcafee remnants from your computer. (you must have Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2 or W2K Pro SP4 to use this tool)
- Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data". In Vista: "C:\Program Data\McAfee. You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
- Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products again.
If you are McAfee direct customer, go to https://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp and log in to download your McAfee products.
If you received your McAfee products from your service provider, please use the list below to download your software.
- Comcast users should go to https://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp?affid=108
- DELL users should go to https://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp?affid=105
- Gateway users should go to https://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp?affid=370
- eMachines users should go to https://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp?affid=365
- MSN users should go to https://membercenter.msn.com/feature..._ART_Antivirus to log in and download software.