1 2 3 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2009 3:37 AM by jadan64

digichk4.dll part of Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100

Hello,

I am a active flightsimmer. Since the latest update of McAfee the following file digichk4.dll is seen as a potential thread (trojan Horse) and is been removed. So I have to reinstall the aircraft time after time, because I can't exclude this file from being scanned.

is there a solution to solve this problem I have?

I use Mcafee Virusscan Plus

with regards,

Jan Dankbaar
        • 1. RE: digichk4.dll part of Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100
          exbrit
          First disable VirusScan:

To temporarily turn off VirusScan do the following:

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center
          Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
          Click Configure (left)
          Click Computer & Files (top left)
          You can disable VirusScan in the right-hand module and tell it for how long.

Then click the Restore button (left & assuming it was quarantined) & restore the item.

Send the file to Avert for analysis:
          http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx
          or
          https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp
          or
          Email file to: [EMAIL="virus_research@avertlabs.com"]virus_research@avertlabs.com
          When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file. When creating this .ZIP file, it is important to understand that the .ZIP can be no more than 3 megabytes in size and can contain no more than 30 files. Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected using the password "infected" (minus the ""). Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.
          • 2. RE: digichk4.dll part of Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100
            thank you for the quick post,

I allready tried to disable the scanner. But it still recognizes the dll as a thread. I can't restore the file, because its gone.

I will try to reinstall it and the zip the file.

cheerio

Jan
            • 3. RE: digichk4.dll part of Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100
              exbrit
              Did you try setting the restart of VirusScan to "Never" and then reboot before going ahead? There is no way it should be detecting the file if it is disabled.

The other way would be to completely remove VirusScan but then your quarantined file would be lost or at best corrupted and you would most likely have to reinstall your Aviation software.

Are you sure it's VirusScan that is detecting it and not something else such as Windows Defender (if this is Vista)?
              • 4. RE: digichk4.dll part of Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100
                its XP Home-edition, I don't have Defender installed. I will try the suggestion to change settings into never...
                I'll keep you posted

cheerio

Jan
                • 6. RE: digichk4.dll part of Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100
                  Hi,

I have the same problem and it is impossible to accept the file as non-hazardous.

If I turn off McAfee, I use Flight Simulator, with Digital Fokker 70/100 everything works, when I turn on McAfee the file is quarantined.

This since the last update of McAfee...

Why it is impossible to have the function to allow a file, this feature exists only for the programs?

I tried all the options available to find a solution, now I can find more opportunities to improve this situation ...

Can you contact the publisher, Flight1 and Digital Aviation, then include this file as authorized in your database, or give us the opportunity to allow this file?

For your information I already sent e-mail to support for the same reasons and no answers :mad:

Patrick

Windows XP Pro
                  No Windows Defender
                  • 7. RE: digichk4.dll part of Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100
                    exbrit
                    See sending a file to Avert labs in post #2. It obviously finds something unknown to the database and unless they analyse it and issue an update to cover it, it will never be otherwise.

If you haven't heard a reply and have followed those instructions exactly, then either the reply is caught in junk and or spam filters, or you didn't follow the instructions properly.
                    They auto-acknowledge within minutes and then finally answer within 24-48 hours.
                    • 8. McAfee isn't responding
                      hi,
                      its been a few weeks now, and there is a complete radiosilence from McAfee. I have send it to avert albs, I did get an email that there was no potential thread, but then it stopped. Still can't use flightsim with McAfee running, because it pichs the file out as a threat... still...

I am out of possible solutions now. the only way is ending my subscription with McAfee. But this I won't do.

cheerio

Jan
                      • 9. RE: McAfee isn't responding
                        exbrit
                        Did you reply to that email, keeping the header intact, explaining that it was being removed by VirusScan?
                        1 2 3 Previous Next