1 2 3 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2008 2:00 AM by Vinod R

Slow loading MIS 09

System is in my sig. I have tried mcafee tech help both chat, (3 attempts) and email, (1 attempt) and no replies. I recently installed internet security 09, download from site, it was a successful install. Prior to that, I successfully uninstalled Norton internet security.

Now when I boot up mcafee is the last to load and sometimes takes 3 minutes or more and I have limited function of programs until MIS fully installs. Had not experienced this with Norton but it just seem to happen after installing MIS. So I went in and disabled some of the programs loading on start up with no result.
      Any ideas would be great. Thanks Patrick
        • 1. RE: Slow loading MIS 09
          Peter M
          Enable Windows Firewall temporarily.

Run Norton Removal Tool: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Reboot if asked.

If you have any other protection software either disable or uninstall it.

Remove all McAfee products via Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a Program.

Run the MCPR removal tool listed in my signature.

Reboot if asked.

If not already done install Vista SP1, there is help with that here: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=220206

Reboot if asked.

Install McAfee again from the online account, not from any CD that you may have.

Go to Control Panel/System and Maintenance/Administrative Tools/Free Up Space and clean out all the garbage.

See if that helps.
          • 2. RE: Slow loading MIS 09
            Ok, a little work there but I'll give it a shot. May not get to it until next week, so I'll post the updated when done. Gotta get these resume's finished. Thanks for the instruction.
            • 3. Done . . .
              Ex_Brit,

Just finished the procedure you provided, step by step. I have seen some improvments in page loading once connected to the net but, still limited use untill McAfee loads. Still after entering my password the McAfee icon and program are still the last to show up in the system tray loading just past 3 minutes.

All functions I performed per instruction went smoothly and it was just a time based activity as I paiently waited through each of the processes. Funny I still have not recieved any replies back from the 4 questions I sent McAfee customer support.

I have rebooted a couple times yet still seeing the same issue. I will trying calling MCS tomorrow. Thanks for your help, I think the VSP1 improved some things.

biOsiD happy
              • 4. RE: Done . . .
                Peter M
                MCS...I assume you mean Technical Support, as Customer Service only deal with accounts.

I would contact Technical Support chat and ask them to escalate the issue.

They can use many tools that we don't have at our disposal in the forum. Linked at top left of page or in my signature.
                • 5. Will do
                  Yes I meant tech support. Thanks again.
                  • 6. Virtual Tech
                    Running virtual tech and started it right after I sent an email to McAfee tech support. VT is still running after about an hour. Do you have an idea what the duration of time it should run?
                    • 7. RE: Virtual Tech
                      Peter M
                      Last time I ran it on mine it took about 20 mins. I guess there's something amiss and you should end the task in Task Manager.

Why are you emailing support, that way it takes forever? Chat is live 24/7 and pretty well immediate.
                      • 8. RE: Virtual Tech

I am not have any luck with chat, that was my first method of contact and thought it would be instantaneous . I kept getting chat conformations, downloading the chat program but never any responses.

Says the wait is 9 minutes. After each open chat ran past 20 minutes I opened an new one. I have started 6 of them. I have used live chat with other companies and it is really handy.
                        • 9. RE: Virtual Tech
                          Peter M
                          Let me ask for assistance here. Chat works best with all pop-up blockers turned off.
                          1 2 3 Previous Next