2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2009 3:19 PM by Peter M

Cannot complete installation, says no internet connection!?

:mad: Ok so I bought and tried downloading Internet security suite yesterday (14/09/09) and after the second prompt box and clicking continue a message came up, CANNOT COMPLETE DOWNLOAD CHECK YOU ARE CONNECTED TO INTERNET AND RETRY, I am connected and have re-tried numerous times again, including with the internet cable connected! PLEASE HELP- i feel like im going mad!
      I do not know a lot about computers so please be as patient as possible :rolleyes:

I'm using Vista on a HP G60 AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL 60, 2.00 GB, 32 Bit operating system - which is usually wireless broadband but connected at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Em
        • 1. RE: Cannot complete installation, says no internet connection!?
          I found some previous threads and after a week of trying and re-trying this was solved by running a McAfee removal tool and rebooting and then downloading the software again
          • 2. RE: Cannot complete installation, says no internet connection!?
            Peter M
            Sorry we never got to you in time. It seems that you have sorted out the problem. FYI McAfee relies on Internet Explorer regardless of default browser so it's important to keep IE set to its default settings under the Security and Advanced tabs and that its Content Advisor under the Content tab is switched off.

If you have any further problems like this try going to IE Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset. OK any prompts and click Apply and OK. Close and reopen IE.
            Go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable the add-ons.

If it's OK I'll close this topic.