1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2009 5:39 PM by BalaSGS

im stuck

i looked around but i'm not sure if this is the right spot for this.

well i'm trying to download the mcafee virus thing, but everytime i try to install i get an error message that says that it cant connect to the internet when my internet happens to be working just fine. i turned off my firewall, ran the pre install thing, did the program to uninstall any leftover norton stuff and emptied my internet cache manually. but i'm still getting the same error message. the computer i have is rather old, i bought it reformated used. its running xp its a dell inspiron 8200, i cant remember the ram. and its a laptop. i've been tinkering with this for a while and i dont know what else to do other than reformat the hard drive and i cant remember how to go about doing that. any help would be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. RE: im stuck
          BalaSGS
          Hi
          Sorry for the delayed response, but I would like to know if you still facing the issue with McAfee product, If yes then clarify
          Did you have pop-ups or spyware alert in the computer?
          What type of internet connection you use (DSL, Cable or Dialup)?
          Are you able to download the any other application software from the internet?
          Steps
          Update the Windows including the optional and software patch update.[open Internet Explorer-click tools-click on windows update]
          Restart the computer in safe mode with networking and try to install the McAfee product