3 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2009 8:26 AM by Vinod R

Error Loading Outlook 2007 ...

K I'm getting the following error when I launch Outlook 2007 sp1 ->

"The Add-in "McAfee Anti-Spam" (c:\Progra~1\mcafee\msk\mskolplg.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacture for a update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in."

I tried chatting support -> they told me it's a Microsoft issue ???

Any ideas/suggestions etc ...

Thanks
        • 1. RE: Error Loading Outlook 2007 ...
          Vinod R

Please try these steps...
          1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
          2. Click OK to close the outscan.dll error.
          3. On the Outlook menu, click on Tools and Options.
          4. Click on the Other tab.
          5. Click on the Advanced options button.
          6. Click on the Add-In Manager button.
          7. Remove the check from all of the occurrences of McAfee VirusScan Outlook Email Scanner except for one. If there is only one occurrence, uncheck it.
          8. Click OK several times to close out of all of the windows.
          9. Exit Outlook, and then restart Outlook and the error will not occur.
          • 2. RE: Error Loading Outlook 2007 ...
            Thanks for the tip, but ... under Outlook 2007 ... Tools/Options/Other/Advance ... there is NO Add-In Button ... there is only ... Reminder Options/Custom Forms/Service Options ... Under Service Options there is only Customer Feedback Options & Offline Editing Options ... thanks for the suggestion ... but ... obviously this isn't going to work ...
            • 3. RE: Error Loading Outlook 2007 ...
              Vinod R

Aha.. must have got 2003 and 2007 mixed up...... :o

under tools select trust centre and then see ifts under the add-ins section.

I am not having a 2007 this weekend so posting those steps might take a bit of time