3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2009 3:07 PM by Peter M

www.webimmune.net

I have registered earlier today for http://www.webimmune.net and still haven't got the email with password so that I can submit that Arcsoft uDigital Theatre.exe file.
      That site tonight timed out twice when I try to access it.
        • 1. RE: www.webimmune.net
          Peter M
          You choose your own password there anyway.

Go to https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp and click the Forget Password link at the right, then check your Junk/Spam folders for the email. (Yes I know, it should read Forgot Password?).

You don't have to do it online, you can email it.

Email file to: [EMAIL="virus_research@avertlabs.com"]virus_research@avertlabs.com
          When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file. When creating this .ZIP file, it is important to understand that the .ZIP can be no more than 3 megabytes in size and can contain no more than 30 files. Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected using the password "infected" (minus the ""). Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

If they reply negatively respond keeping headers instact and they will escalate the case.
          • 2. No option to select password
            Something must have changed. Read the instruction for use. It starts out:
            Instructions for use:

1. If you are a new user, select the "Register a new user" link. Fill in the required information. You will be sent a password so that you can log in.

If you have already registered, just log in providing your primary e-mail address and password.

I tried to register again as a new user and there are no fields for selecting your own password. The instuction above clearly states "You will be sent a password so that you can log in."
            That is the catch-22 situation. Since I never received an emailed password.
            • 3. RE: No option to select password
              Peter M
              Sorry, I didn't realise that. Then use the email method. I can only assume that there is a problem with the website as with many of the support web pages in the last few days.