1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 8:34 PM by ryukin

it says a program is

a trojan when i know for a fact that it is not? is there anyway to bypass mcafee in this?
        • 1. RE: it says a program is
          Peter M
          First disable VirusScan:

To temporarily turn off VirusScan do the following:

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center
          Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
          Click Configure (left)
          Click Computer & Files (top left)
          You can disable VirusScan in the right-hand module and tell it for how long.

Then click the Restore button (left & assuming it was quarantined) & restore the item.

Send the file to Avert for analysis:
          http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx
          or
          https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp
          or
          Email file to: [EMAIL="virus_research@avertlabs.com"]virus_research@avertlabs.com
          When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file. When creating this .ZIP file, it is important to understand that the .ZIP can be no more than 3 megabytes in size and can contain no more than 30 files. Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected using the password "infected" (minus the ""). Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

If they reply without a fix, reply, keeping the header intact asking for an extra.dat.
          • 2. RE: it says a program is

i need to know how make it so i can download a program without mcafee deleting part of it
            • 3. RE: it says a program is
              Peter M
              Do as I told you...McAfee will not stop detecting something unless you submit the sample and have them cover it by an update.
              • 4. RE: it says a program is
                i cannot do what you have told me because there is nothing in quarantine
                • 5. RE: it says a program is
                  Peter M
                  Then it must have been cleaned. Those instructions would apply only if something is identified wrongly as a trojan and has been quarantined.

Is there still a problem?
                  • 6. RE: it says a program is
                    So...did you also try temporarily disabling McAfee using the instructions given in that first post? Once McAfee is disabled, download the file from wherever you found it previously.. It should safely download to your computer.. You can then send it Avert from your desktop, or any other location where you've placed it..

Hope this helps.

Grif
                    • 7. RE: it says a program is
                      i have tried before but i will try again just in case
                      • 8. RE: it says a program is
                        well it was quarantined after i downloaded it so how can i get it to where mcafee not to keep deleting it?
                        • 9. RE: it says a program is
                          Peter M
                          I already explained how to do that. You will have to temporarily disable VirusScan, report it and if they don't give you a good answer, reply to their email immediately disputing it.

To temporarily turn off VirusScan do the following:

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center
                          Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
                          Click Configure (left)
                          Click Computer & Files (top left)
                          You can disable VirusScan in the right-hand module and tell it for how long.

Then click the Restore button (left & assuming it was quarantined) & restore the item.

Send the file to Avert for analysis:
                          http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx
                          or
                          https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp
                          or
                          Email file to: [EMAIL="virus_research@avertlabs.com"]virus_research@avertlabs.com
                          When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file. When creating this .ZIP file, it is important to understand that the .ZIP can be no more than 3 megabytes in size and can contain no more than 30 files. Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected using the password "infected" (minus the ""). Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

If they reply without a fix, reply, keeping the header intact asking for an extra.dat.
                          1 2 Previous Next