1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2009 3:57 PM by LizM

Unable to mount the SBFS

Any potential reason why safeboot having this error?
      and Is there any chances to recover the data?

after failed doing anything i've "Set Safe original MBR" using SafeTech

now i have new error when boot it say unvalid/dif algorithm..

when boot using wintech /safetech i got this error

e002000a SafeBoot disk information not present

My question: can we recover mbr/safeboot information back to hd & decrypt back the hardisk? is this information stored in safeboot server?

- Thanks in advance
        • 1. RE: Unable to mount the SBFS
          what was the original problem?

you need to do a force decrypt of the sector range with the right database export - call support if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing, and don't forget to CHECK YOU ARE USING THE RIGHT KEY - force decrypt has no safeguards.
          • 2. RE: Unable to mount the SBFS
            Unable to mount the SBFS is the original issue.
            I've check with mcafee support that there are no such thing as this error :(

I believe the data is loss now..

Force decryt also not possible.
            Because of
            e002000a error - SafeBoot disk information not present &
            e002001b error - Unable to find the system boot disk

we need to super extra careful in the future when handling recovery encrypted drive..
            • 3. RE: Unable to mount the SBFS
              no, why were you trying to mount SBFS? was there a problem or were you just nosing around?

:-)

e002000a error - SafeBoot disk information not present

is not critical, it just means you need to do a force decrypt rather than a safe decrypt.

e002001b error - Unable to find the system boot disk

is again not important - if you're using WinTech it means you didn't put the right disk drivers into your PE image, so either fix that or switch your drive into ATA mode. If you're using SafeTech it probably means you're not following the right steps when doing your force decrypt - it does not care about the boot disk so I can't see why it would throw that error.
              • 4. RE: Unable to mount the SBFS
                Try booting from a CD with SafeTech rather than USB, if you use USB stick could be confusing the drive order or something.
                • 5. UNABLE to MOUNT the SBFS | 0xe0030002
                  Upon performing a new SAFEBOOT 5.1 install to my laptop & upon a requested reboot the following came up on the screen - similar to noted above "UNABLE to MOUNT the SBFS | 0xe0030002" - IDEAS to proceed from this error? SAFEBOOT never re-started to allow the encryption process to begin. Will not allow a boot into Windows Domain login screen.
                  • 6. RE: Unable to mount the SBFS
                    The "unable to mount SBFS" is not done by us it's tried by SafeBoot.. it's apears on SafeBoot Screen login. i think there could be some step wrong when we try to recover the mbr using "Set Safe original MBR" that we think can fix and point safeboot to boot the right SBFS filesystem. i think i mess the disk after that..

It's doesn't seem to be Driver issue since we're puttting the Drive into same laptop model.
                    and it's detect the drive only boot & disk information is not detected. It detect the other ecrypted hardisk perfectly. but not this one.. i have no idea, i;m suspecting could be hardisk faulty issue as well.

When we using safetech/wintech and checking on disk found out e002000a error on disk and e002001b when we tried to do force or safe decrypt.

Any document on doing force decrypt sector by sector?
                    Can it be done even if hardisk header information such as mbr & partition info corupted?
                    • 7. RE: Unable to mount the SBFS

Tried both.. usb & CD.
                      Yeap the drive order might be changed using usb boot, but we've check first the disk before proceed with further step.
                      • 8. RE: UNABLE to MOUNT the SBFS | 0xe0030002

Yeap exactly this error..
                        What is the right step if we get this error?
                        I'm not too sure..

based on my experiance

My advice is to check the hardware issue first place in in other laptop and check if it can boot up.
                        ( I didn't do this because i though this related to SafeBoot Issue )
                        if came up with same error then
                        if possible get the exact match hardisk spec and clone the hardisk before doing further recovery step.
                        do recovery on clone hardisk - this to make sure the original hardisk is safe from any mistake in recovery processes.

Do backup and get right step to recover don't mess the hardisk like me... sad
                        • 9. SafeBoot Disk information not present
                          "e002000a error - SafeBoot disk information not present

is not critical, it just means you need to do a force decrypt rather than a safe decrypt. "

I am getting the error e002000a - how do you perform a force decrypt?
                          1 2 Previous Next