1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2009 3:27 PM by Peter M

Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked

Many Yahoo! users are finding that they are not able to get Real-Time Quotes, a subscription they are paying for with Yahoo! Finance.

Right now, disabling the McAfee Internet Security Shield is allowing them to receive the Real-Time Quotes to their Portfolio pages and with our Java based product Market Tracker.

What can users do to allow use of their Real-Time Quotes subscriptions and also use their McAfee Deluxe Shield?

Thank You,

Yahoo! Finance Support.
        • 1. RE: Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked
          Peter M
          Have you contacted McAfee at a Corporate level? I'll try to pass this on but I would have thought that you would have faster connections.
          • 2. RE: Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked
            I have contacted Corporate, but they are really fast, so I wanted to see if anyone here has encountered this, or, if they knew how to resolve a blocked connection.
            • 3. RE: Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked
              Peter M
              I've alerted our guys too but looking back on this there isn't much to go one as the one feature that used to cause problems with your RTQ was the ad-blocking feature of Privacy Service, now called Parental Controls. It no longer has that feature so I asked foir help here.
              • 4. RE: Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked
                Peter M
                There is one thing that may have bearing - Image Filtering in Parental Controls.

[FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][SIZE =2][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3]1
                [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE =3]
                [FONT=Utopia-Regular][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Open the Users Settings pane. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Utopia-Regular][SIZE=3][B]How?[/SIZE][/B]
                [LEFT]
                [LEFT][SIZE=3][B]1) On the SecurityCenter Home pane, click
                [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#33333 3][B]Parental [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][SIZE=3][FONT=Utopia-Bold][COLOR=#333333][SIZE=3][FONT=Utopia-Bold][COLOR=#33333 3][B]Controls[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]
                [/LEFT]

2)
                [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Utopia-Regular] In the Parental Controls information section, click [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#33333 3]Configure[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333]
                [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Utopia-Regular][B]3) On the Parental Controls Configuration pane, click [/FONT][/SIZE][/B][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#33333 3][B]Advanced[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
                [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Utopia-Regular][B]4) On the Parental Controls pane, click [/FONT][/SIZE][/B][B][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#33333 3]Users Settings[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Utopia-Regular][SIZE=3].[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][B]2
                [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][SIZE=3]On the Users Settings pane, click a user name, and then click [/SIZE][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#33333 3][B]Edit[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/LEFT]
                [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][B]3 [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][SIZE=3]In the Edit User Account window, under [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][B]Image Filtering[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Utopia-Regular][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman], [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Utopia-Regular][SIZE=3][B]click [/SIZE][/B][/FONT][B][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Utopia-Bold][SIZE=3][COLOR=#33333 3]Off[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Utopia-Regular][SIZE=3].[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
                [LEFT][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=3][B]4 [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]Click [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333]OK[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Utopia-Regular][FONT=Utopia-Regular][SIZE=3].[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/B][/LEFT]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
                • 5. RE: Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked
                  Thanks... We can use this until we get official word then... It shouldn't be to difficult..:)
                  • 6. RE: Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked
                    Peter M
                    I can't guarantee it will help, but it's something to try. Sorry it looks a bit disjointed - I CCP'd directly from a .pdf.
                    • 7. RE: Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked
                      No problem.. easily formatted.... Thank You, it's very much appreciated...
                      • 8. RE: Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked
                        Peter M
                        No problem, I hope it's sorted out soon.
                        • 9. RE: Yahoo! Finance Real Time Quotes being blocked
                          Peter M
                          By the way the person I contacted about this said that your corporate contacts should get much faster results than via this forum.
                          1 2 Previous Next